Writing, Teaching, and Creative Content
Teaching Artist/Artist in Residence/Guest Speaker
With over a decade of performance and diverse classroom experience , Matt's unique ability to make poetry relevant to the lives of young people and inspire imagination has led him to national and international acclaim.
• University Lectures
• Writing Workshop Residencies (3-5 days) – College/High School
• Adult Writing Classes
• Youth Writing Groups (High School/Middle School)
• Artist Retreats
Copy Editor/Grant Writer/Content Creator
3 years as the principal grant writer, online content creator, copy editor, and "Voice of the Abbey" for Abbey Arts Seattle.
Works generated include:
• 9 awarded local and national grants
• Monthly Press Releases
• Web Content for programs Arts Connect and Next Stage
• Event Advertising via social media
• Sponsorship Partner Pitches
Voice-acting experience includes tech informationals for Microsoft via Fireign United, and instructional narration for RealityCharting Inc.
Voice talents include:
• Male Character Voices
• “Real Person” Narration
• Announcer Voice
• Instructional Narration
• Public Speaker